Wednesday, January 25, 2006

I ran across an old poem I wrote on 7/6/02 I was feeling philo-something because look at this, but I like it!

Snowflake, powder, cracker, honkey, these are the words that echo within my ears, why do you call me out of name, using my skin tone to blame? Carpet muncher, dyke, fur digger, butch, queer, bitch these words make my skin itch. Why do you label me with these phrases, collaborated by ignorance, stupidity and bliss, I thought this was a world where we could all exist. Yet, we still live in fear, so where do we go……go…..from here….? W e are technologically advanced to put a man on the moon, yet we haven’t perfected our own personal individualized tunes? Igonorance breeds fear, stop preaching to me with deaf ears and numb lips……….reach into your self, soul, and spirit, tell me why, where, and with what you feel it? Taught it at birth, learned it by sight, we have become strangers with fright, ……….the bottomline, when it comes down to it, why can’t I just be me? After all……. I …am..FREE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home