Friday, February 10, 2006

CaNcEr

Cancer. If you look at the word, it doesn’t appear to be foul, dangerous, or even overbearing, but say it out loud, and it takes on a whole new stance. It becomes frightening, terrifying, mind-consuming and overbearing.

I have anemia. Friday, February 3, 2006. What they don’t know, is why I have it. I have lost so much blood, that I needed two blood transfusions, ironically, I was sent to OPIS, for a transfusion, I had to have two of them because I’d lost so much blood.

Now everything is going through my mind, especially when they say words like GI BLEEDING may be to cause, worst-possible cause scenario COLON CANCER, (see there’s that word again). I am trying not to think the worst, I am not of those people, that associate the big C with the big D, however, I am realistic, and having seen what my mother went through, I fear that almost as much as I fear the thought of myself having it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home