Tuesday, June 06, 2006

Leucovorin and Friends.........Chemo Day

Yesterday, June 5th, was my first chemo day and the first time my port was accessed too. My H&H was low today, the first time around when they found my cancer, it was low, and I was severely anemic, that's how they found my cancer because my polyp was bleeding, it was 6 and 22. Now, I am very very worried. They also did a CEA and it wasn't large last time either, but I don't know the results of those until later this week when I go to get my pump discharged. I hope all is well with me, I really want to live, I just want to be able to havea normal life to live when I do survive this.
I was nervous before they started chemo, I was also having to worry about my father, who was anemic when he was in the hospital the third week of May, but they did a CBC on him and it was fine, ironically, I wasn't expecting mine to be low, although, I have been experiencing shortness of breath. I am passing what appears to be blood tissue in my stool, I had Dawn call yesterday and make me an appt with Dr. Smith, since all of my time was ate up sitting there. I go next week. I would be very relieved if he would send me for another PetScan, I wish cancer would just fuck off!
I had a lot of time to kill, so I made a list of things that we're going to do this year, regardless of the money and job situation, I just home the chemo-side affects will stay at a minimum. So far, I am severely drained, nauseous, I have the tingling in my hands and feet sometimes, I have sensitivity to cold, when I drink something that is chilled, I feel like pins and needles in my mouth. I am also sensitive to hot water too for some reason, ornically not hot foods though. I get cold and hot, but I don't have the runs, I am the opposite, which kind of scares me because I don't want to worry about an obstruction now. I also am having headaches that turn into migraines with this too. Hopefully my body will heal well enough I will be okay for the weekend and what not.
That's enough, I am going to lay down.

1 Comments:

Blogger Phil said...

Hi, I stumbled on your blog. I have stage IV colon cancer. I was diagnosed in Feb 04. I did the leucovorin and other stuff too. Hang in there, don't give up. I agree though, cancer sucks

6/06/2006 2:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home