Friday, March 10, 2006

Shitty Day

I am having a shitty day, not the worst day since 2/23, when I was diagnosed with well to moderately differientiated adenocarinoma, 3 cm in size in the right ascending colon near the cecum, where the ileum connects to the small intestine. My CEA levels were low, .2, my abd, pelvic and chest CT came back clear, so it looks like I caught this thing in time. I am thinking possibly it could be stage 1 or stage 0 even, in situ, which would be very lovely. I've been referred to a hematologist at Georgetown's Lombardi Cancer Center, and I can't seem to get a response out of them to get me a sooner appointment. I've seen the surgeon, Dr. Lee Smith at Washington Hospital Center that will be doing my surgery, the consult went well I thought, his bedside manner was crappy, he didn't seem to be much of a people person, but he seemed to know his stuff. His associate, Dr. Thomas Stahl is listed in a book I am reading, as well as this guy I am going to see at Georgetown, Dr. John Marshall. I go have my PetScan done next Monday, to rule out additional mestatistes and to see what staging the cancer is, if applicable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home