Monday, May 22, 2006

DC Kings, Mediports & Other random thoughts of shiat.....

......Friday night, Dawn, DP, Eric and I went to the 930 club to see the Great Big 6 Drag King show, it was okay, we didn't get home until 430 in the morning. I had a few drinks, mixed, and realized that my body cannot tolerate mixed drinks after the surgery, so I had to settle for one beer, which was it. It was nice to get out on one hand to have some sense of normalcy, then on the other, I realized how poor the air quality was in there with all the smoke, fog machines, and the fire tossing act on stage, and thought Christ, now I am going to get lung cancer (*insert humor here*).

Today, Monday, I went to see the surgeon about getting my mediport put in for chemo-HaPpY HaPpY No JoY, I will go next Tuesday and get it done. I am not scared of the procedure or anything, I will just be happy when it's done so I can get started on chemo....ugh.

I will take Dad to WHC this Thursday for the consult with my surgeon so he can discuss his options, in the interim, I am working on wrapping up 3+ months of being off work, tying up lose ends, and collecting as much of Dad's medical records that I do not have to take to the doc. Exciting, huh?

We went to see the DaVinci code on Saturday, it was a pretty good movie, or at least I thought. I only finished the book half-way so I don't know how different the ending was, even so, I thought it was a nice wrap up, now I want to go tour Europe even more so than I did before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home