Monday, June 12, 2006

A better Day


I had a better day today than I've had in a while. I got up and went to the docs, I feel like they should be me and my father on payroll, we both had appts today, typically, dad got hammered last night and didn't remember what time he was supposed to be there for his pre-op blood work (Sat surgery at WHC) and I had to call him to remind him. Both of our counts were fine this time around. I left there, with his surgery on my mind, and forgot to make another appointment for chemo, and I received a call from the nurse to make an appt for next week, not Monday, Tuesday instead. She wants me to see the doc first because of all the lovely side affects I am having, including bone pain now, I think that's from the aranesp(sp) shot, or so I've read, they've never informed me of these lovely side affects from that. The bone pain is pretty intense, especially since I wasn't expecting it, but I can deal with it, I don't want pain meds to have to take too on top of everything else I already forget to take. It rained today and I am sore too. I called Cigna and they are going to mail me my check, they say I can be on disability, LTD for 24 months, but I want to go back to work already. I don't know what I am going to do about chemo or my job status. What to do, what to do?

Tomorrow is the NIN concert. I am pretty excited. I hope I won't have any problems tomorrow that would prevent me from going, I will immodium-up, and although I was thinking about having my 1 beer for the year there, I don't think I will, as post-surgery Christy doesn't handle alcohol any better, if not less, than pre-surgery Christy.

I did come home today and Drew Elizabeth(yes my dog has a middle name-actually 5 of them-Elizabeth Jayzaiah Jenkins Padima Huberstein, then her last name, which is hypenated, is waiting for me at the door, so I had to take a picture. She cracks me up when she does this. Well I ♥ all you guys out there in the daily chemo grind and cancer fight.

P.S. If someone wants to inform me on how the hell I put links on this damn thing and flickr sites, I would be so grateful, :).

1 Comments:

Blogger Lunchbox Willy said...

Christy,

I got your note, and thank you! Lemme tell ya, this cancer thing is a real trip. If you need to talk, or vent, or puke (in an email?) feel free to contact me. I'm big on telling people how much this all sucks, but it's worth it!!

Also....when I had the 5fu, on the pump, they made arrangements for a nurse to come to ME to remove it. Was this not possible for you?

Billy (Lunchbox Willy)

6/13/2006 12:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home