Friday, June 16, 2006

Mind Racers

That's what happens to me this late at night, my mind does the what if's and should of, could of, would'ves, which sucks.

Tomorrow, aka today, I am supposed to start back to work. I am going to meet with my boss to discuss my options, etc., in the am, I want to return to work, but I am a little anxious of how people will respond to me being back, etc.

There is something up with blogger because I can't post my fucking pics, not even in html code, Rich-what's up with that?

I was thinking today about Cancer and how it's affected my life overall.
These are my declarations:

  • Cancer has made me realize even more how precious life is, as if I needed a fucking reminder, c'mon my mom died of this shit, and my father has had it 5 times already.
  • At first, I didn't want to see my 30th bday come, I feared the big 3-0, now I welcome it, and hopefully at least 5 more after it.
  • I worry constantly about dying and leaving Dawn with debt.
  • It's made me realize even more that genetics don't make up a family-it took me a while to get over the fact that I will be infertile from chemo, and not only that, this is an autosominal dominant gene, do I really want to play odds in passing it on? Fuck no, I am not giving it that much credit.
  • It's brought out the risk-taker in me, this year I want to go on a hot air balloon ride, I want to go jet skiing-of course I have to wait until after chemo because it lowers my immunity and the water is very dirty, I want to go parachuting, I've always wanted to learn how to sail and possibly get my pilot's license for cessnas, I want to be a parent-and not just to my 71 year old father, or dog, or niece, I want to travel to NYC with Dawn, and to London finally.
  • It's made me realize who my true friends really are and how people treat you differently.
  • It's made me hate the fucking response when people say: "You could walk out here tomorrow and get hit by a bus, nothings guaranteed", that's true, but c'mon, that's an infinite statement, cancer is finite in my life, and is a life threatening disease, trust me perspectives change when that picture comes in!
  • It's made me care even less about my hair, and more about my ovaries, it used to be vice versa.
  • It's made me realize even more that when the dead are dead, they're dead. The living truly do keep living.

Well that's all I have time for tonight, I do have to get to Neverland eventually and it won't happen if I keep sitting here entertaining you guys with my random thoughts of spacely sprockets and calvinly cobbs. Goodnight!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home